Saturday, November 11, 2017

REALITY Manifesting DREAMS in Real Time!

Today I would like to tell you about a dream I had just a few hours ago on this 11th day of November, 2017.
When I was sleeping, I started dreaming that while I was at work, my co-workers and I suddenly decided to go into a conference room of sorts. A bunch of people, old and young alike, flocked into this conference room that already had a nice long table filled with food and drinks waiting for us. Some of my co-workers flocked into the room with their best "costumes" if you will. Some of the older women were dressed up in what I would consider the club attire of the 1920s and they had hats and feathers in their hair, you name it. Some of the younger men (mostly in their 20s) came into the room dressed like something out of the Harlem Renaissance. Their garb consisted of a three piece suit and a matching hat, 1940s style. The rest of us just gathered in this huge space and sat down in anticipation of what was about to take place. Suddenly, the dressed young men start to move towards this stage, all of them either with a trumpet, saxophone, or guitar in tow. The rest of the instruments were already on stage waiting for them. Over time some of the older dressed women would take turns going to the stage as well. All of a sudden these young "Harlem Renaissance" men would start playing their instruments in styles that teetered between Blues, Jazz, early Rock & Roll, and a hint of Motown. The older women would get up there and sing their hearts out while the younger men would show off their skills on the instruments. Saxophone solo here, drum solo there. And the rest of us would just feed off their energy and vice versa. Some of us would even get up and clap our hands to the beat. It was quite an amazing experience! One moment it would feel like I was thrown in the middle of a 1940s club in Harlem, and the next moment would feel like I was in a make-shift chitterling-circuit tent somewhere in the deep south, depending on the style of the music my co-workers were performing. There would be breaks after every few songs. We would all go to the back of the conference room and pack our plates with food and come back to our seats in anticipation of the next performance by one of the co-worker "matriarchs." 
After seeing/hearing about 15 performances I finally woke up from my dream. I look at my radio alarm clock and at this moment it is blasting some Blues music. If any of you live in the Washington DC area, there's a station known as 89.3 WPFW and touts itself as being the station for "Jazz & Justice." Immediately I go straight to my laptop and visit the WPFW website just to "fact-check" my suspicions. Surely if the station played some of these songs that I remember hearing in my dream, then there would be receipts to confirm that. Do you know when I played back some of these songs from the website's playlist, I was able to recall hearing at least 75% of them in my dream? But of course in the dream they were manifested in the form of my co-workers performing them. I could not believe it. I did not know dreams could literally be manifested through the sense of hearing. 

Those breaks in between performances when we would go to the back to get some food and drinks; in reality were commercial breaks on the radio. But somehow I was not able to hear those commercials in my dream. Interesting, right? I am amazed that the mere act of my radio alarm clock turning itself on could manifest in the layout for what I would dream about that in that last hour and a half of sleep. This is just one of those things that has peaked my curiosity in the human body and what it is capable of. Reality being used to create 'fiction' in real time. Who knew? 

1 comment:

  1. I had a similarly unusual dream in the past. I don't remember the details, but the dream itself was so outrageous that while still dreaming I concluded during the dream that I had to be dreaming!

    ReplyDelete